Tercoo Rotating Blaster
Tercoo is a rotating disk which is attached to an electric drill. From iron, steel, metal and concrete Tercoo will remove:
- Gelcoat etc
The finished effect is similar to a sandblasted surface with a light abraded texture that's ideal for the application of a new, protective coating.
How does Tercoo work?
Tercoo is a natural rubber disk with 12 hard tungsten carbide teeth that're angled off the centre of the disk. When a Tercoo disk is spun on a drill the centrifugal forced created stretches the rubber disk, throwing the tungsten carbide tips against the coated surface. A hammer effect, hundreds of times a second, cleans the surface - stripping any coating and leaves light abrasions in the substrate.
The hammer effect does not create any heat so sticky materials like tar, adhesives and sealants can be removed easily (steel brushes use friction to remove contaminants. Friction produces heat making steel brushes ineffective with bitumen, tar and adhesives).
Use and Safety
- ALWAYS wear goggles, working gloves, dust mask and protective clothing
- Maximum speed 4000 rpm. Optimal speed between 2500 and 3000 rpm.
- Hold Tercoo at 90 degrees to the surface and rotate clockwise
- The triple Tercoo will strip around 30m2
- Don't press too hard with the single and double Tercoo
- Tercoo will strip 1 to 3m2 per hour
- Always work away from edges. When cleaning iron and steel prime immediately.
Use on Gelcoat
We recommend the use of the Tercoo adjustable guide and dust cover when removing gelcoat. The dust cover can be used with your own vacuum suction.
The Tercoo dust cover, adjustable guide, 8 multi system and fein rotators can all be found on our website. Just search for Tercoo to find them!
Please note that this is a special order item and, as such, delivery may take up to 7 working days.